Log in

No account? Create an account
05 October 2009 @ 02:23 pm
Jumbo muffin cups?  
I just bought a jumbo muffin pan.

Do they sell jumbo muffin liners some where? I didn't see any at Target.
OR - can I use coffee filters as liners? Or would those stick too much??
Save the drama for your mamafireboltames on October 5th, 2009 07:27 pm (UTC)
just grease them, or cut and grease parchment paper
termofarttermofart on October 5th, 2009 08:21 pm (UTC)
Yeah. Grease and/or grease and flour.

Papers don't help with muffins anyway, as they're most prone to sticking where they rise over the top.
End of this: pink kitchenthe_living_end on October 5th, 2009 07:27 pm (UTC)
i wouldn't use coffee filters. they seem too thin and like they would end up being a big pita. i'm pretty sure i've seen the liners at the grocery store. also you could butter and flour the tin and line the bottoms with cut out rounds of parchment. i do that a lot because i always forget liners.
cheeseydreamscheeseydreams on October 5th, 2009 07:29 pm (UTC)
You can try the coffee filter, but I don't think it would be sturdy enough to withstand the batter. I could be wrong though, give it a shot (but I would suggest lightly greasing the pan too just in case).
a girlivymae on October 5th, 2009 07:30 pm (UTC)
If you have a Wilton's resource in town (my Joann's carries Wilton's stuff) they have jumbo liners. Or, it looks like Amazon has them cheap if you are not in a hurry/do not want to go search around town.

demiraks_worlddemiraks_world on October 5th, 2009 07:41 pm (UTC)
Oh! They sell Wiltons at my Michaels - thanks!!
grey853: ani_catseesfishstars_valo_queengrey853 on October 5th, 2009 07:53 pm (UTC)
You can find them at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Walmart in the craft section back where they sell cake decorating supplies. They've got all sizes of liners.

I bought a jumbo muffin pan last year and love it!!
demiraks_worlddemiraks_world on October 5th, 2009 07:55 pm (UTC)
I've been wanting to make morning glory muffins and didn't think a regular sized muffin would do them justice so I had to invest!

a girlivymae on October 5th, 2009 07:58 pm (UTC)
Mmmmmmmm. And just in case you haven't tried it, morning glory muffins usually freeze well, and you can make a huge batch and then pull one out the night before to have a fresh one in the morning. mmmmmm.
Effervescent iridescenceangel726 on October 5th, 2009 08:51 pm (UTC)
I've never heard of morning glory muffins, so I just googled the recipe - those sound heavenly
demiraks_worlddemiraks_world on October 5th, 2009 08:53 pm (UTC)
Its essentially like carrot cake. So yummy.
tinybird on October 5th, 2009 08:28 pm (UTC)
I love mine too! I make molten lava cakes with them haha Just flip the cake over and cut out the bottom and it looks like I really put effort into them :P
the cutest of the scoobieskelbellene on October 5th, 2009 08:17 pm (UTC)
They even sell them at some grocery stores. I know my local store has jumbo liners.
меня зовут Клара: ekstreme vossklarenka on October 5th, 2009 08:36 pm (UTC)
Save some money, grease the pan.
Kerin with a silent "K"erinkathleen on October 5th, 2009 10:51 pm (UTC)
Definitely not coffee filters. They're designed to be absorbent! Quite the opposite of muffin liners.
Sarahsarahk_xoxo on October 6th, 2009 02:48 am (UTC)
Wilton has jumbo cupcake liners. I can get them at Michaels or Walmart here.
Mishadorkcore on October 6th, 2009 04:46 am (UTC)
They sell them at Fred Meyers, too, if you have those near you.
I am an interactive leaf on the wind!: cookinginteractiveleaf on October 7th, 2009 06:54 pm (UTC)
Coffee filters, NO (this is the Voice of Experience speaking. Don't do it.)

Grease and flour the pan. If you're making chocolate (or other dark) somethings, use cocoa instead of flour so it doesn't leave that white residue.
If your grocery store doesn't sell jumbo liners, consider asking the store manager to order some for you (you'd be surprised how often and how easily that works!) or cut waxed or parchment paper to suit. Leave some overlap when you cut/cut them big and fold them down so that the muffin tops have paper between them and the pan.